Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Term "New World Order" Should Energize All Christians To Witnessing

Between the rise in disbelief, and the rise in the number of families who can no longer afford to put food on the table, let alone pay their bills, people are looking for change, but are they looking in the wrong direction? Instead of turning to God, and faith in Jesus Christ; as they did in the past, they are looking to the politicians to save this world. So, who do they think got them into this mess in the first place? It wasn't God, but the powers and authorities of this world, as Paul said in Romans. Did he know then what his words would mean to us now living in this world of great technological advance, and greed? The me generation. No, because he didn’t realize that Christ was going to wait so long to come back. He believed Christ would be back any time then. But here we are over two-thousand years later still waiting, and people are beginning to believe in all of this technology that man has created, and less in God. So they have traded the only hope for this world, for the powers that be in this world, and every time something bad happens they remember God, and have the nerve to curse Him, and ask why He has done this to them?

This rapid advance in technology has given man the idea that he can do anything on his own, he doesn't need to believe in God, he believes in me, myself, and I. I spoke with a very nice, polite young man recently about his beliefs, and I have to admit I have become very bold lately, as I simply looked him in the eye and asked him if he believed in God? Not like a maniac or nothing, but very nicely I asked if he believed. He of course said no to my disappointment, and I immediately launched into the story of why I believe, and how I have seen God at work, sometimes immediately in my life. I am not foolish enough to think that because of my stories that he was going to immediately drop to his knees, and say, "Nadine you're right there is a God out there." But I keep hoping, tee-hee. Yet I know why he doesn't believe, because the story of his childhood is sad as well. When your father commits suicide in your junior year in high school after he finds out his wife is having an affair. Then his mother ejects both him and his sister from their home as soon as they get out of high school, why should he believe in what I say about a loving God? After all he knows the story of my childhood, and I am not going to even try to tell you that my husband and I have been the perfect parents. We have our own crosses to bear, but we have attempted to raise our children in the church, and with a strong belief in God. Someday I will let you know if we succeeded. It seems we are instilling less hope in the lives of our children, and more pain as when we are parents like his: and mine, we give them no hope in family let alone God.

So what is the answer, do we give up, and say' "Oh well, their loss?" No of course not. We continue to witness and plant the seed as God, and Jesus have instructed us to do, because love will win out in the end, I have to believe this. Jesus did, as he instructed us "to love one another as I have loved you." (John 13:34). God did not ask us for miracles, He is in the business of miracles; we just need to continue to witness to others, and reach out to those in need with Christian love.

As Christians who know the truth we need to give them something else to look towards, we need to tell them the truth about their Creator, and His great love for all mankind. If we don't we are not only failing our brother, but our Savior as well, and I don't know about you but I think I have enough to answer for without adding this to the scale. So the "New World Order" for us is the same as it was when Jesus left the disciples standing and gazing at the sky after He had been taken up to the Father, we are to reach out into this world with love, and I am not going to say it is going to be easy, but I would rather try, and fail, then fail to try.
God Bless, until the next time, your sister in Christ Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment